A Net Positive Product
Smart Ocean is the embodiment of our commitment to sustainable manufacturing. Each chair incorporates almost 2 pounds. of recycled fishing net material and is Living Product certified — meeting the most rigorous sustainable manufacturing criteria to date.
The material used to produce Smart Ocean is sourced from Net Positiva, a collection and recycling program aimed at combating the detrimental effects of discarded ocean fishing nets. These nets are transformed into recycled nylon pellets used for manufacturing.
Custom Fit Technology
Featuring the same timeless design and functionality as the Diffrient Smart chair, Smart Ocean (available in black frame) offers Form-Sensing Mesh Technology to instantly adjust to and move with every unique user. There is no need for training, instructions or manual adjustments.
IT'S UP TO ALL OF US TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
The ever-growing deluge of plastic pollution in our oceans has a tremendous impact on human health and on the health of our natural environment.
- 8 million tons of plastic waste enter the ocean each year.
- 640,000 tons of fishing nets enter the ocean each year.
- The amount of plastic pollution in the ocean will surpass the amount of fish by 2050 if nothing changes.
- Fishing nets are identified as the most harmful form of ocean plastic pollution.
Recycling and repurposing plastic keeps it out of the ocean and helps to mitigate many environmental issues.
In addition to partnering with Bureo to protect our oceans, Humanscale is a founding partner of the Next Wave Initiative. Led by Lonely Whale, this consortium includes companies such as Dell and GM and is focused on developing a distribution web that would support the reuse and repurposing of plastic before it ever reaches the ocean.
- Additional Information
Use At Home, At Work Type Standard Width No Thickness (Inches) No Cover No Cover Size Single Travel Bag Without
Humanscale Smart Ocean Task Chair, Adjustable Duron Arms, Black - Dispatching on 24/05
Humanscale's ergonomic chairs are designed to look as good in ten years' time as they do today.
- Our textiles exceed 150,000 double rubs in the Wyzenbeek Test, which is five times the industry standard.
- Our textiles attach to the cushion without adhesives, which prevents wrinkling over time and is better for the environment.
- Our arm caps feature a separate foam insert, so they will not tear.
- Our plastics have a texture that prevent scratching.
- None of our chair surfaces are painted or treated, so there’s no chipping or scratching.
- We go to great lengths to ensure all the components of our chairs hold up to wear and tear, while maintaining a minimal visual aesthetic.
- We use fewer parts in our ergonomic chairs to reduce the impact on the environment.