Humanscale's ergonomic chairs are designed to look as good in ten years' time as they do today.
- Our textiles exceed 150,000 double rubs in the Wyzenbeek Test, which is five times the industry standard.
- Our textiles attach to the cushion without adhesives, which prevents wrinkling over time and is better for the environment.
- Our arm caps feature a separate foam insert, so they will not tear.
- Our plastics have a texture that prevent scratching.
- None of our chair surfaces are painted or treated, so there’s no chipping or scratching.
- We go to great lengths to ensure all the components of our chairs hold up to wear and tear, while maintaining a minimal visual aesthetic.
- We use fewer parts in our ergonomic chairs to reduce the impact on the environment.
Award-Winning ergonomic office solutions
The Evolution of Task Seating
Simple, but not adjustable
1980s - 1990s
Adjustable, but complicated
Humanscale 2000 - present
Simple and automatically adjustable
The Humanscale Difference
Most office chairs feature arms that are attached to the seat, which do not provide support when the user reclines or moves from posture to posture. Humanscale designs all of its desk chairs with the arms attached to the back, so when the sitter moves, the arms are in a healthy, ergonomic position every time.
Humanscale ergonomic desk and office chairs are perfectly adjusted for every user, as if the chair was custom made for you. In lieu of traditional tension mechanisms, which can weigh as much as 15 pounds and be made of up to 40 parts, our task chairs use the laws of physics and the sitter’s own body weight. As a result, the chair automatically reads the weight of the user, allowing for the mechanism to provide perfect recline with the correct tension for every individual.