Commode seats are beneficial towards individuals who may suffer from mobility issues, physical impairments, or discomfort when in certain positions. Agitation when at rest can also be increasingly problematic, as poor posture or strain on the back leads to other complications. Toilet seat risers address this by providing a comfortable seating area along with additional support by firmly locking to the commode. Other models also have railings for those that have mobility issues and need additional support when moving from the commode, on or off. If you are an individual suffering from complications, a seat riser can act as a useful solution to needless pain.
Seat riser specifications will vary based on the model but typically include:
• Sterile comfortable porcelain mould for sanitation
• Lightweight, durable, and easy to adjust/move/store depending on situational need
• Weight integrity approximately 300lbs in capacity
• Total riser weight approximately 3-10lbs
• Plastic variants available for extra comfort and mobility
• Slip-resistant design keeps individual seated when at rest
• Risers typically at a height between 3-5inch
• Optional handle attachment for risers to allow extra support when sitting/raising off the seat
If you or a loved one suffer from physical impairments ranging from discomfort to intense physical pain when moving in certain patterns, a commode seat can provide an enormous amount of comfort during personal relief. This can be especially helpful for those who may not have an attendant and need to move independently.
Consult your physician to decide on seat risers or other comfort-based devices that are right for you. Ask for assistance when installing to commode if required to prevent personal injury. Do not use seat riser if you experience continued or more personal discomfort.